Watch colorful parades, listen to Sami Yusuf or Junoon live, or be captivated by Firdaus’ all-female orchestra
The United Arab Emirates and many other Islamic countries celebrate the birthday of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) on the 12th of Rabi Al-Awwal – the third month of the Islamic calendar. To mark the Prophet’s birthday, the public and private sectors have a public holiday in the United Arab Emirates.
On Sunday, the United Arab Emirates declared Thursday, October 21, a public holiday to mark the Prophet’s birthday. And with Expo 2020 Dubai in full swing in the United Arab Emirates, what better time than the upcoming three-day weekend for people to explore the mega event?
Residents can even make the most of their visit with the October Pass promotion, which gives customers unlimited access throughout the month for just Dh95. The pass also offers 10 “Smart Queue” reservations per day for participating lodges and attractions, so you can avoid long lines.
Here’s what you can look forward to at the Mega Fair over the long weekend:
>> Thursday, October 21, 2021:
• Unique cultural events will take place to celebrate National Day of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines at 10:15 am at Al Wasl Plaza.
• The Women’s Pavilion will host inspiring stories of women from the Arab and Muslim world who are leading the way in astronomy, space and mobility from different parts of the Arab and Islamic world. The event will take place from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Every day, the “Colors of the World” parade will welcome countries to Expo 2020 Dubai and offer the public a unique cultural fusion experience. The Parade is a moving and colorful celebration, featuring performers and musicians, that radiates energy and brings an explosion of fun to day visitors.
• Chilean pop artist “Flangr”, who has developed music with spatial sounds encoded from the Orion Nebula by the ALMA Observatory, will present a musical performance at the Jubilee Stage from 3:00 pm to 3:40 pm.
• Famous Pakistani singer Ali Azmat and his band Junoon will perform from 8pm to 9.30pm at the Jubilee Stage to celebrate 50 years of the Pakistan-UAE fraternity.
• The Dubai Millennium Amphitheater will host a magical encounter created by local and international artists, breaking down barriers between musical genres and cultures through mashups and original artist collaborations. The late music event will run from 9:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
• Another stellar performance will come from Panama jazz lady Idania Dowman, as well as 2018 Latin American Idol winner Margarita Henríquez. The main act will be performed by Los Rabanes, the best Panamanian rock group and winner of the Latin Grammy Award.
Friday, October 22, 2021:
• The Schoenbrunn Palace Orchestra Vienna, an internationally renowned Viennese chamber orchestra that translates the glamorous era of Imperial Vienna into music, will perform at the Dubai Millennium Amphitheater from 4.30 pm to 6.30 pm.
• Experience the fun and excitement of a specially commissioned show in Saudi Arabia, combining music, songs, puppets, audience participation and digital on-screen content. A dazzling cultural entertainment experience for the whole family will be held at Earth Stage from 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
• Sami Yusuf’s performance of “Beyond the Stars” at Al Wasl Plaza will be a spectacular international program. He will be joined by master musicians from around the world in a unique visionary production.
• Immerse yourself in a world of classical opera and contemporary opera merged with electronic music on the theme of the exhibition at Jubilee Stage from 8pm to 11pm. The Lithuanian President and / or Head of State and a business delegation will be present.
• Six different regions of Pakistan will present a musical evening filled with instrumental and vocal melodies at Earth Stage from 9:30 pm to 10 pm.
Saturday 23 October 2021:
• Visitors to Expo 2020 will be entertained with fascinating Moroccan dance and music at Earth Stage from 2pm to 2:30 pm.
• A unique classical music and dance gala will discuss the conception and evolution of the EU at the Dubai Millennium Amphitheater from 6 pm to 8 pm. This 70-minute performance includes the work of the great composers Vivaldi, Bach, Paganini, Schubert and Beethoven.
• The Firdaus Orchestra is a pioneering female ensemble developed exclusively for Expo Dubai 2020 Dubai. The composer is preparing to forge new musical paths with musicians from the Arab world. Members will be mentored by AR Rahman and will perform at major events and celebrations during Expo Dubai 2020. They will perform at the Jubilee Stage from 7pm to 8pm.
READ ALSO :
>> Expo 2020: an expatriate from Dubai takes advantage of his annual leave to visit 100 “countries” in 5 days
>> Video: flash mob at Dubai International Airport thrills passengers
>> Expo 2020 Dubai: This young “train” driver takes schoolchildren on a free visit to the site