The Children’s Theater Company is looking for young people aged 12 to 18 to audition for the next “Diary of a Wimpy Child the Musical”, from April 22 to June 18, 2022! Find out more about the show and the auditions here: https://childrenstheatre.org/about-us/work-with-us/auditions/#auditions-listing
The CTC is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion and justice within our organization and our community, and therefore we are looking for a wide range of young people to tell our stories on stage. We strongly encourage and welcome student actors who are black, indigenous or of color, artists with disabilities as well as those from other under-represented communities. We are gender – all welcome.
Due to our current COVID protocol, we will only recruit 12-18 year olds who will be fully vaccinated by March 1, 2022.
Thursday October 21 3 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday October 22 from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday 23 October from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• We will be hosting these auditions in person at the Children’s Theater Company at 2400 Third Avenue South / Minneapolis 55404.
• We share the building with the Minneapolis Institute of Art (Mia). Our entrance for the auditions is through the stage door on the south side of the building opposite the parking ramp.
• We will follow our COVID protocol for these hearings – everyone will be masked. We ask that only one parent / guardian be present – and that the adult must present proof of vaccination to enter the building.
• To register for a time slot and complete our audition form, follow this link: https://airtable.com/shrIiIK9DpzA0mn7B
What to prepare
• It is not necessary to prepare anything. We will teach you a combination of song and dance during the audition time. Please come dressed to travel with comfortable clothing and footwear.
If the artistic team wishes to see you again to devote more time to the work, these reminder times will be Saturday October 23 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday October 24 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Please note that we will be communicating with people on Friday evening and early Saturday afternoon to set up callback times. It will be a quick turnaround.
To keep our business and our public safe from COVID-19, we will follow all CDC guidelines, as well as our industry union approved protocols throughout the production run. All company members must be fully vaccinated by March 1, 2022 and provide proof of vaccination.
Please feel free to send your questions to [email protected]