Coke studio debuts with a tribute to Queen.
Coca-Cola is expanding its Coke Studio, a music platform originally launched in Pakistan in 2008, to a global stage.
The program is a digital first, still active and offers emerging talent the opportunity to partner, create and spread musical magic to new audiences.
The platform’s first moment will be brought to life through a two-minute global film, The Conductor, which features seven international artists collaborating to reinvent Queen’s iconic melody “a kind of magic”.
Each artist recorded their own version with additional exclusive tracks and behind-the-scenes footage, all accessible on the CokeStudioYoutubeHub.
Content can also be unlocked through the built-in activation, Drink. Analysis. Enjoy, which sees Coca-Cola packs transform into digital portals: a gateway for people to connect to new global content from Coke Studios.
“Coke studio is a direct extension of the true magic philosophy of Coca-Cola,” said Pratik Thakar, head of global creative strategy and content at Coca-Cola.
“It celebrates music’s unique ability to unite and uplift and provides a connecting point for fans around the world to come together and enjoy a new experience.”
The launch of coke studio and “the conductor” was organized in partnership with Universal Music Group. “Collaborating with these incredible artists and the Coca-Cola team on the music and creative vision for this launch was magical,” said Richard Yaffa, executive vice president, global brands, Universal Music Group.
The seven artists of the coke studio launch are:
- ARI LENNOX: Grammy-nominated American R&B sensation, singer-songwriter
- CLAW: British singer-songwriter and one of the youngest winners of the Rising Star category of the Brit Awards (2021)
- EKIN BERIL: Turkish electro-pop producer, recognizable by her electro indie-inspired sound
- MARIAH ANGELIQ: Latin breakthrough star and urban pop powerhouse
- STEM: Nigerian singer-songwriter and record producer who is paving the way for the global takeover of Afrobeats
- TESHER: Indian-Canadian rapper and producer who merges genres to create global anthems
- TRIBE: multilingual and colorful K-Pop girl group that creates energetic music by combining K-Pop with various musical genres such as Afro and Latin
Do you have anything to say about this? Share your opinions in the comments section below. Or if you have any news or tips, email us at [email protected]