Today is Cinco de Mayo, and to celebrate, a group of local restaurants and bars are taking part in Sabor Fest.
Sabor Fest is “art-centric to celebrate Latin American culture in the PNW diaspora,” the event information reads. “The goal is to rethink ‘Cinco de Mayo’ from a local perspective, outside of stereotypes, and from the perspective of artists and the community.”
The festival is free and will take place at the following venues around Ballard and in Belltown.
- La Carta de Oaxaca (5431 Ballard Ave NW): Artist Carlos Martinez12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- El Moose (5242 Leary Ave NW): Music by Mariachi Ayutla2 p.m. 4 p.m.
- Hattie’s Hat (5231 Ballard Ave NW): Nepantla Cultural Arts Market5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Bar Sabine (5307 Ballard Ave NW): Artists Victor Melendez & Espliffrom 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., and Artist Marilyn Montufarfrom 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- King’s Hardware (5225 Ballard Ave NW): Tattoo artist Yovanni Del Rio with a tattoo pop-up, from 7 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Percy’s & Co. (5233 Ballard Ave NW): drag performers Queen Andrew and Victoria Lovefrom 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Jupiter (2126 2nd Ave Suite A): Projecto MCfrom 8 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Hotel Albatross (2319 NW Market St): Music by Tres Leches & Brujita XOfrom 9 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Ronette’s (4105 Leary Way NW): DJ Tremenda Diosa10:30 p.m. to 2 a.m.
For more information and the visual calendar, see The Map of Oaxaca on Facebook.