The music lineup has been set for the City of Tuscaloosa’s free summer concert series.
Live at the Plaza will return June 3 and continue each Friday through July 29 at Government Plaza, 2106 Sixth St. Each show will begin at 6 p.m.
The concert series features local bands in a family-friendly, pet-friendly atmosphere. Free parking for the shows will be available in the adjacent parking lot on 23rd Avenue between Sixth and Seventh Streets.
Admission to each show is free and open to the public.
• June 3: Adam Hood, The Locals Acoustic
• June 10: The John Wilson Band, Tranquility
• June 17: The Locked Band, TL and The Headlinerz
• June 24: Amanda Shaw, Jackson Chase
• July 1: CashBack (Johnny Cash tribute band), TBS
• July 8: Algorhythm, Matthew Wurtele Duo
• July 15: the constant orange, four times blue
• July 22: the Powell brothers, Kat Taylor
• July 29: stone gray
For more information, visit www.tuscaloosa.com/latp.
Live at the Plaza began in 2015 at the request of then-District 4 Councilman Matt Calderone, who developed the idea together with his wife, Claire.
Before stepping down from his seat after leaving the district, Calderone said the event had become something more popular and successful than he could have predicted.
“I think it far exceeded everyone’s expectations – it’s definitely mine,” Calderone said in 2019. “All credit goes to the City staff for reaching the current level.
“We’ve kept everything centered around the people and the music in this community and I think that’s a really beautiful thing. It would be my hope, in downtown Tuscaloosa and in this community, that there would be something great to do every night.
Contact Ken Roberts at [email protected].