A delicious feast of surf and turf and tasty wines take center stage at the 2022 “Taste of the Spencer” party and fundraiser on Saturday, June 18 at 6 p.m. Everyone is invited to this evening of tasteful fun in which all Spencer Theater patrons play a part! Freshly prepared lobster tail and filet mignon dinner will be served on our cool, high-tech performance stage in a festive tribute to 25 years of non-profit theater success. Bravissimo!
After the savory sweet desserts, a fast-paced live auction, guided by Texas State Champion Clay Golden, further adorns the night with offers of idyllic adventures and luxurious getaways – all trips distinctive features reflecting the worldly spirit of this cultural gem. Know that a challenge match of individual donations for each dollar raised has already been promised by a fervent supporter, encouraging magnanality! Raise your paddle and join in the fun, or just toast those pledging generous support. Just being at the party is a fabulous measure of giving – and we thank you for it!
The annual “Taste of the Spencer” – the most significant fundraiser of the theater’s calendar year – is truly a magical community-wide fundraising effort. Tickets ($125) are available at www.spencertheater.com or call 575.336.4800.
• Texas Playboys by Bob Wills conducted by Jason Roberts on Saturday, June 25 at 8 p.m. ($45-$66). The famous group Texas Swing includes 10 musicians on violins, keyboards and horns: “Faded Love”, “I Ain’t Got Nobody”, “New San Antonio Rose” more! Southern Fried Chicken Buffet ($25) at 6 p.m.
• Ultimate Elvis Tribute by Cody Ray Slaughter on Thursday, June 30 at 8 p.m. ($45-$76). The world’s hottest Elvis impersonator performs all of Elvis’ moves, grooves and songs with perfect voice, swagger and costumes. Chicken fajitas & chili rellenos buffet ($25) at 6 p.m.
• The Ball Brothers Saturday, July 9 at 8 p.m. ($45-$56). Award-winning southern gospel quartet singing praiseworthy, message-driven melodies with their rhythm group. Buffet four manicotti cheeses & tomato meat sauce ($25) at 6 p.m.
• Le Chaperon Rouge at the Missoula Children’s Theater on Friday, July 15 at 7 pm ($10 for children, $18 for adults). Casting call for all children ages 6-17, no experience necessary. Auditions: Monday July 11 at 9 a.m. (Arrival at 8:30 a.m.). A free week-long theater workshop culminates in a public performance. Information: (575) 336-4800.
• A1A – The Official & Original Jimmy Buffett Tribute Show Saturday, July 23 at 8 p.m. ($45-$76). The famed tropical rock band is the ONLY Buffett-endorsed tribute band: “Margaritaville,” “Cheeseburger In Paradise,” “Son of a Sailor,” and more. Baked Pacific Cod Buffet ($25) at 6 p.m.
• Pavlo on Friday, July 29 at 8 p.m. ($45-$66). Stunning guitarist and band fusing flamenco, Greek, Latin, Balkan and classical traditions into a unique “Mediterranean” sound. Pavlo’s rhythmic blends of guitars, basses and percussion create intoxicating original music. Sponsored in part by Scott Northam, CPA, PC. Beef & shrimp kebab buffet ($25) at 6 p.m.
• Tony Orlando in concert Saturday August 6 at 8 pm and Sunday August 7 at 2 pm ($76-$79). Pop-Rock music icon, actor, entertainer, 3x AMA winner with a string of #1 mega hits: “Tie A Yellow Ribbon ‘Round The Ole Oak Tree”, “Knock Three Times”, “Candida” , others will be joined here with his band of 6. Career highlights include 15 top 40 hits, 2 platinum and 3 gold albums, Congressional Medal of Honor, Hall of Fame of the vocal group, a television variety show. Appearing with a gang of 6. Buffets ($25): Saturday: Angus beef meatloaf at 6 p.m.; Sunday: chicken & waffles at noon.
•Kathy Mattea Saturday, August 13 at 8 p.m. ($66-$69). 2 Grammy-winning stars and band: “18 Wheels and a Dozen Roses”, “Walk the Way the Wind Blows”, “The Battle Hymn of Love”, and more. Chicken and Green Chili Lasagna Buffet ($25) at 6 p.m.
• Jim Curry’s tribute to the music of John Denver Saturday, August 20 at 8 p.m. ($45 – $66). Join famed singer Jim Curry and his band for this tribute to the music of one of the most beloved singer-songwriters to ever grace the stage. BBQ beef brisket buffet ($25) at 6 p.m.
**Offsite Event Rainmakers Golf Tournament Tuesday, August 23 at 7 a.m. ($125) – Benefiting Spencer’s operations and programming.
• Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Thursday, August 25 and Friday, August 26 at 8 p.m. ($76-$79). Grammy Hall of Famers, this group of 6 is one of the most iconic country-folk-rock bands in American music history: “Mr. Bojangles”, “Long Hard Road”, “Fishin’ In The Dark “, etc. Buffet, Friday only: Fried chicken steak with sauce ($25) at 6 p.m.
• Lonesome Traveler Live In Concert on Saturday, September 3 at 8 p.m. ($45-$66). Multimedia production with a cast of 6 musicians celebrating the tunes of the folk music era: “Blowin’ In The Wind”, “Midnight Special”, “Puff, The Magic Dragon”… Buffet of catfish nuggets crispy fries ($25) at 6 p.m.
The 2022 Summer Season is sponsored in part by the Hugh Bancroft Jr. Foundation, Eleganté Lodge & Suites, Elevate Hotel at Sierra Blanca Ruidoso, KOBR Channel 8, MTD Media, Walton Stations of New Mexico with additional season support from Ruidoso Ford-Lincoln, RD & Joan Dale Hubbard Foundation, Rainmakers Golf & Lifestyle Community, Comcast Spotlight, Burt Broadcasting, Carlsbad Radio, Majestic Communications, Ruidoso.net and First National Bank of Ruidoso.